Participating Insurance Companies
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with Elizabethtown Community Hospital, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Although some exclusions may be called out below, this list does not fully capture covered lines of business (i.e. Commercial, Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid) or products. Please contact your insurer to determine your unique benefit coverage.
- Capital District Physician Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physician Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Coventry Health Care
- Emblem Health - GHI Family Health (Hospital only - no physician/clinic benefits)
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Highmark Northeastern New York (Highmark NENY) (formerly BSNENY)
- Humana - Choice Care Network
- Managed Physical Network (MPN)
- Medicaid (NY)*
- Multiplan / Private HealthCare Systems (PHCS)
- TriCare Humana Military
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care
- United HealthCare (includes Dental) - Commercial Plans including POMCO and UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare - The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.
Last Updated: 4/11/22
Important Information about Paying for Your Care at Elizabethtown Community Hospital
Elizabethtown Community Hospital is a participating provider in many health plan networks. Some health plans use smaller networks for certain products they offer, so it is important to check whether we participate in the specific plan you are covered by. Our list will not tell you if we do not participate in all of a health plan's products. It is also important for you to know that some physician services you receive in the hospital are not included in the hospital's charges. Physicians who provide services at the hospital may be contracted physicians. Physicians bill for their services separately and may or may not participate in the same health plans as the hospital. You should check with the physician arranging your hospital services to determine which plans that physician participates. Elizabethtown Community Hospital contracts with a number of physician groups, such as radiologists and pathologists, to provide services at the hospital. Contact information for the physician groups the hospital has contracted with is available by calling (518) 873-6377 or can be found under “My Bill” at www.ech.org . You should contact these groups directly to find out which health plans they participate in.
You should also check with the physician arranging for your hospital services to determine whether the services of any other physicians will be required for your care. Your physician can provide you with the name, practice name, mailing address and telephone number of any physicians whose services may be needed. Your physician will also be able to tell you whether the services of any physicians contracted with Elizabethtown Community Hospital are likely to be needed, such as radiologists and pathologists. You should contact these groups directly to find out which health plans they participate in.
Hospitals are required by law to make available information about their standard charges for the items and services they provide. This information is available by contacting our Business Office at (518) 873-3139.
If you do not have health insurance, you may be eligible for assistance in paying your hospital bills. Information about financial assistance is available at Registration or by contacting our Business Office at (518) 873-3139.
Providers Elizabethtown Community Hospital may utilize:
Associates in Radiology of Plattsburgh
PO Box 2007
East Syracuse, NY 13057-4507
Adirondack Radiology Associates
11 Murray Street
Glens Falls, NY 12801
Champlain Valley Pathology
PO Box 309
Plattsburgh, NY 12901