It is estimated one in eight Americans will experience food insecurity during their lifetime.
It impacts every community in the United States. Food insecurity is more than hunger. It is the lack of available resources to keep your household stocked with food to promote an active, healthy life.
About the Community Cupboard at ECH
Our Community Cupboard is stocked with a variety of health options including frozen meats and vegetables as well as breakfast items, canned fruits and vegetables, pastas, soups, bread, cheese, butter and more.
Free to any resident in Essex County NY, our Community Cupboard is physically located within the Crown Point Health Center. If you are unable to visit the health center, your order can be delivered to the ECH location nearest you:
- Ticonderoga Campus
- High Peaks Health Center (Wilmington)
- Ausable Forks Health Center
- Smith House Wellness Center (Willsboro)
- Westport Health Center
- Elizabethtown Health Center
How to Donate
If you’re considering donating to the Community Cupboard, thank you. You may want to consider a monetary donation as they can go further in helping your neighbors. Here’s why:
- There are fewer overhead costs associated with a monetary donation as there’s no need to sort or store it like with food donations,
- We’re able to purchase fresh food as needed such as cheese, bread and butter.
- You are helping to supply food needs year-round, not just around the holidays when donations are typically higher.
Do you or someone you know experience food insecurity?
For more information, call or visit us:
Crown Point Health Center
2679 Main Street
Crown Point, NY
Monday-Friday 9am - 3pm
After hour appointments are available on a case by case basis.