Coronavirus: What you need to know
Get the latest hospital updates, including visitation policies, in response to the Coronavirus. Learn More
A message from ECH President Bob Ortmyer
Wishing you a safe and healthy holiday season
The ongoing pandemic is foremost on all of our minds, particularly when it comes to safely celebrating the holidays. The team at the UVM Health Network - Elizabethtown Community Hospital urges you to take precautions in the coming weeks to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community and avoid overburdening an already strained health care system.
When the pandemic first began, our collective actions made a difference. We must once again double down on the precautions we know work.
If you’re sick
- If you are experiencing fever, cough, or other mild COVID symptoms, stay home and call your primary care provider. If you do not have a provider, we are accepting new patients at our health centers. Call (518) 873-6896 for more information.
- Diagnostic COVID-19 testing is available at Elizabethtown Community Hospital’s six community-based health centers and can be scheduled by calling (518) 873-3134.
- Seek prompt medical care for accidents and illnesses, especially when it comes to signs of heart attack or stroke. Learn more about our emergency departments in Elizabethtown and Ticonderoga, open 24 hours a day.
- Keep gatherings small, make celebrations virtual, or head outdoors.
- Make sure you are up to date on your COVID and flu vaccinations. In advance of gatherings, get tested and mask up.
- Travel safe and be mindful of hazardous winter weather.