Deadline Approaching for Student Scholarship Applications
Financial aid available for high school seniors studying for career in Nursing
Time is running out for high school seniors in the region to apply for a $500 scholarship from the Holly Estus Memorial Scholarship Fund in support of students pursuing a career in Nursing. The scholarship was established in memory of Holly Estus, a registered nurse, who worked at Elizabethtown Community Hospital. The deadline for applications is May 31, 2022.
"We have long supported students and employees pursuing the next step in their career as medical professionals, whether through clinical experience for high school and college students or through scholarships,” stated Elizabeth Rogers, Elizabethtown Community Hospital Director of Philanthropy.
Julie Tromblee, Elizabethtown Community Hospital Chief Nursing Officer added, “This is just one more way we’re working across The UVM Health to address historic staffing shortages. We continue to look at creative solutions to reach into our communities and train people for open positions including our next generation of nurses.”
The criteria and deadline for the scholarship are as follows:
Must be a resident within the Elizabethtown, Keene, Moriah, Westport, Willsboro or Ausable Valley school district.
- Must be enrolling in an accredited college pursuing a career in nursing.
- High school transcript must be included with a completed application.
- Applicants may be contacted for a personal interview.
- One $500 scholarship will be awarded in 2022.
- Notification of the award will be released by June 13, 2022.
- The award will be granted after the successful completion of the first semester and notification of enrollment in second semester.
- The award will be made payable to the college attended.
Scholarship applications, available at Elizabethtown Community Hospital | Special Events & Programs (UVMHealth.org/ECH), must be completed and received no later than May 31, 2022. They can be mailed to this address:
UVM Health Network – Elizabethtown Community Hospital
75 Park Street
Elizabethtown, NY 12932
Students with questions should contact their guidance counselor or email Elizabeth Rogers, the hospital’s philanthropy director at ERogers@ech.org
To support the Holly Estus Scholarship Fund and the next generation of nurses, please visit UVMHealth.org/ECHGift.