Coronavirus: What you need to know
Get the latest hospital updates, including visitation policies, in response to the Coronavirus. Learn More
Elizabethtown Community Hospital Visitor/Welcoming Policy
Effective April 1, 2021
We recognize that family members and loved ones are valued members of the health care team and play a key role in supporting the wellbeing of our patients.
Patient and Family Communication:
We will make every attempt to accommodate, for patients and their families, the ability to talk or visualize, via the use of electronic devices, (patient or hospital owned) as necessary, so patients/families stay connected to their loved one’s during this time of social distancing.
Visitation is permitted at this time on a limited basis and following NY State Department of Health (DOH) guidelines. The hospital may adjust visitation policies at any time, based on COVID-19 transmission rates or for other related reasons.
General Visitation Guidelines:
- All visitors should enter through the hospital or health center main entrance and are required to undergo a COVID-19 symptom screening and have their temperature taken.
- Visitors are required to sign in and provide contact information, and wash their hands before heading directly to the patient’s room.
- All visitors must wear a mask for the duration of their visit. Please be especially attentive to wearing a snug fitting face covering or mask over your nose and mouth (masks with exhalation valves and gaiters are not permitted), in addition to correctly wearing other personal protective equipment as directed by Hospital staff. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
Additional conditions to maintain a safe environment of care for patients, staff, and visitors:
- Hospitalized patients are allowed a total of four hours of visitation each day between the hours of 1:30pm and 5:30pm.
- Patients may have up to two visitors at a time.
- Visitors with COVID-like symptoms or a fever of 100.0, will not be permitted to enter our facilities.
- Visitors must follow current New York State guidelines for quarantine and must comply with current New York State domestic and international travel rules and restrictions.
- Visitors who are at risk for severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults and those with underlying medical conditions are strongly discouraged from visiting.
- Visitors are asked to limit time in common areas and maintain social distancing.
- Visitors who do not follow these requirements will be kindly asked to leave due to the safety of your loved one, other patients and staff.
Special considerations for pediatric patients, end of life care patients, and patients with an intellectual, developmental, or cognitive disability are included in the visitor policy.
Due to space limitations preventing appropriate social distancing, visitors remain prohibited in our Radiology Department, Physical Therapy Departments (including Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation), Chemotherapy/Infusion Unit and Specialty Clinics except when medically necessary to facilitate care.If you have questions about the temporary changes to our visitor policy, please call our inpatient unit at (518) 873-6377.