Get the Care You Need
Coronavirus: What you need to know
Get the latest hospital updates, including visitation policies, in response to the Coronavirus. Learn More
Learn how to safely get the care you need, in-person or online.
Safely delivering needed care has always been at the core of the University of Vermont Health Network - Elizabethtown Community Hospital mission and has never been more important than now. With the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions by adjusting some of the ways we provide care in person as well as expanding access to remote care options.
Ways you can receive care
Telehealth: Video and Telephone visits
- VIDEO VISITS: A video visit is a secure online appointment between you and your provider using a computer, tablet or smartphone. Both you and the provider are able to see, hear and speak to each other about your health concerns and care, just as you would during an in-office visit. Your provider can also submit any required prescriptions to your pharmacy and help to coordinate necessary follow-up. Contact your health center to learn more or call (518) 873-6896.
- TELEPHONE VISITS: For some health visits or follow-up needs, an appointment by phone with your provider is appropriate. Contact your health center to determine if a telephone visit is an option for your needs.
When you arrive for in-person visits, you will notice additional safety precautions. We are conducting health screenings at all our entrances to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure to our patients and staff and route anyone with respiratory complaints safely to care. Additionally, we require the appropriate use of personal protective equipment by all staff. We have also implemented additional cleaning measures.
- SCHEDULED VISITS: In-person visits are still being scheduled when deemed safe and necessary. Precautions are in place to support the safety and comfort of both patients and staff. Contact your health center to discuss your health needs.
- URGENT CARE: For minor injuries and illness that cannot wait the weekend, we offer Saturday hours at our Elizabethtown Community Health Center. Urgent, walk-in, and scheduled appointments are available from 8:00 AM until noon. Find out more.
- EMERGENCY CARE: For emergency health needs, our Emergency Department is open 24/7 at both our Elizabethtown and Ticonderoga campuses. Precautions are in place to support the safety and comfort of both patients and staff.
Don’t delay your health needs or ignore your wellbeing
Elizabethtown Community Hospital is here for you, your family, and our community.
Please contact your health center with any health questions or concerns. If you have a life-threatening situation, call 9-1-1.